Sunday, November 06, 2005

Evenings End

After Yad Vashem we went to run another errand, and then went grocery shopping at a health food store. Can you believe it! Aunt found one here, too! Then we stopped and grabbed a bite to eat at this store front. We had pitas with lamb (I think). They were pretty good. This is actually called shawarma. In time I grew to think of it as "Israeli fast-food." It seems to be the food you grab in a pinch. Naturally, it is always Kosher.

After dinner we returned to the Center to prepare for the first of three concerts I would attend while in Jerusalem. Honestly, I was so tired (probably more than a little jet-lagged) that though I wanted to stay awake I found myself dozing in the middle.

The concert was a violin/piano duet. Two of Israel's top musicians, who have been performing together for 20 years now. They were amazing, as you can well imagine! I wish that I hadn't slept, but I suppose there is nothing I could have done. During the middle of the concert one of the horse hairs on the violinist's bow broke. It was quite distracting, but I was so impressed with how he played as if he hadn't noticed. Naturally as soon as the movement ended he pulled it out.

Next Sunday will be a string quartet. I'm very much looking forward to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home