Monday, April 16, 2007

WWII Memorial and Lincoln Memorial

Next, I headed to the WW II and Lincoln Memorials.

This tower is named "Pacific" the opposing one is, predictably, the "Atlantic".


Here's the fountain that must represent America. Also, each of the smaller pullers is labeled with a state's name. They're not in alphabetical order, I'm not really sure how they are ordered.


Lincoln Memorial from the far end of the Reflecting Pool.

You can kind of see from the choppy water and the stormy sky the kind of weather we had to endure the entire weekend. Lovely.


Hey, look, it's Lincoln. And he's sitting right where Hollywood tells us.

One must have for themselves a picture of Lincoln.

Right after I took this picture I met a delightful young New Zealander who asked me to take his picture with Lincoln. I obliged, and he returned the favor. It's a crap picture of me, so you don't get to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home