Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stage 4: Finish Line

After the entire race made its way through my home town I rushed to my car and then drove the hour down to Clovis as fast as a I could. Trying desperately to simultaneously beat the race to the finish line (keeping in mind that I had still had to park and find a place to spectate) and not get a ticket.

I managed both, and was able to hang out for 15 or 20 minutes before the riders came barreling through. Here's me at the finish line. I'm off screen slightly to the left. Promise I'm there. In case you can't tell from my pictures, there were a whole lot more spectators in Clovis.


Here is Peter Sagan claiming his 4th stage victory in as many stages. The man is a beast!


In the gaps between groups the riders and press like to travel backwards on the course. It's definitely much easier than trying to go through the crowd.


And, there you have it, Stage 4 of the AMGEN Tour of California. I'm definitely going back in the future. Maybe I'll even make it out to the Tour of Colorado (because "USA Pro Cycling Challenge" is just a stupid name).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home