Friday, May 11, 2012

Going Home

The Tour of California is the most important pro cycling race held in the US. It also occasionally goes right through my home town.

This year was one of those occasions. Since it wasn't like I had anything better to do (though, to be honest, I was planning on going before I retried) I packed up my little car and drove to Yosemite. Well, near enough if you're not from there it makes no difference.

My evil plan:
  1. Hang out and see some old friends; 
  2. Watch stage 4 from the comfort of my home town; 
  3. Maybe consider racing down the mountain to Clovis to see the finish line; 
  4. Go backpacking in Yosemite—I needed the time to clear my head, recenter, and reconnect; 
  5. Pick up my Grandmother's damn China; and 
  6. Pick up some of my parents' stuff that they left behind in storage when they moved to the mid-West last October (Mumsy was coming to visit, so I thought it'd be a good time to send some of it home with her). 

You'll be thrilled to know, I accomplished it all. (Uh... spoiler alert?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home